Prayer - Keeping it Real!

Daily prayer and devotion is such an important part of my life.  I can definitely tell if I dont pray and have a time of devotion everyday. My mood becomes very irritable and I just don't handle things to the absolute best of my ability.   If you read 9 Things You May Not Know About Us, then you'll know that I mentioned how I am somewhat of a hot head, whose loaded with sassy attitude, and everything gets on my nerves.  Where most people are praying for God to break chains of addiction from alcohol, to drugs, to perversion; im over here asking God to help me not throat punch the lady that sits behind me crunching on a peppermint.  Haha that's real life yall!!  I said all that to say, I HAVE to have a time to pray everyday, and I HAVE to spend time with the Father everyday.   


Over the years, through scripture, through books, through preachers, through consistency, I have learned how to pray efficiently and effectively.  Now, I'm not saying that I'm a professional by no means,  but I will say this, my family and friends know who to call or text when they're in need of prayer.  Because they know that a shift takes place on their behalf.  So I wanted to share with you how I pray, but first you need to understand that no one prays the same, and not everyone is on the same spiritual level, and this is not me telling YOU how to pray.  This is me telling you how I pray, and it might help you in the process!


1. Find a quiet place.  A quiet place is a place that's free from distraction,; tv, computer, PHONE.  Personally I love to sit outside by the pool.  Before we moved here, I would sit on my couch in my livingroom. 

2. Set a time. Set a time for undivided attention.   As a stay at home parent this can be tricky.  So I dont have a "set time", only nap time!

3. Sit in a certain position.  I've found that I have to sit on the concrete by the pool, not in a cushy chair.  If I'm comfortable then I usually fall asleep. 

4. Play soft music.  By that I mean, no drums that i can tap my foot to.  No words that I can sing along with.  So basically an instrumental with a smooth flow.

5. Clear your mind.  After you've found your spot and got your soaking music going, write down your thoughts.  When I start praying i usually have 100 things going through my head at once; what's for dinner, does Stephen have clean work clothes for the next day, what i need to get from Walmart, ect. ect. So if you go ahead and write those things down it kinda tricks your mind and helps you to not think about them anymore, and then when you're done praying you'll know what needs to be done.

6. Ask to receive from Jesus.  Once my head is clear and my heart is open, then I am fully able to receive whatever it is that God is speaking to me at that specific time.  If you have an actual relationship with Yahweh, you can go into your prayer time without having to ask for specific things.  You can just ask Him to talk to you.

7. Listen.  At this point, be silent so that you can hear what God says to you.  Most times, He's whispering in my ear how much He loves me, and how beautiful I am, and how worthy I am.  Then other times He will drop a scripture in my spirit.

8. Think on a single verse.  Break it down.  Word by word.  Think on it.  Say it.  Sing it.  Pray it.  Ask God to give you a great revelation on it.  You know how sometimes you can read a scripture 99 times and see it one way, then that 100th time its totally different.  That's probably because you've been reading it wrong this whole time,  that is a great revelation!

9. Write it down.  For myself,  I know that if I dont write things down as they come to me, I will forget what was said.  With it being in writing you will be able to revisit what God had spoken to you in that moment, over and over and over again.

Prayer makes your spirit-man strong, which inturn makes you strong in the spirit.   So I want to encourage you to find your spot, make the time, and spend it with the Father everyday.  Also I want to encourage you to share this with your friends and family.  I love you guys so much, and hope you have a blessed weekend!

- Krystal 😘


Let's be friends!

Email: krystalchenault@gmail.com


Instagram: @krys_chenault

Facebook: Krystal Chenault


-

Ipsy - Beauty/Makeup

The Nick Box - Saves you $10 and allows you to relive your 90's childhood!!

Influenster - Test Free Products


Marc Jacob's Ambassador Program
http://sot.ag/6JBr6


Comments

Popular Posts