Solaris in Sandestin.

Good morning everyone!!  As most of you know, from last week's post, my husband and I just celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.  For those who do know us, know we ALWAYS have some kinda story to tell.  So I thought in today's post I'd share our experience on the Solaris.



So first off, i knew that we were going out to eat, but that's it.  Stephen REFUSED to tell me exactly where we were going and what we were doing for the night.  Before we left the house, he told me that we had reservations so we needed to hurry.  Well, halfway to Destin, the traffic was at a standstill.  Which traffic around here is already pretty terrible, and even more so with all the extra Spring Breakers in town.  


Once we got to the Midbay Bridge Stephen called the place to tell them that we got stuck in traffic and to make sure they hadn't left us.  So right then I knew we were going on a boat. 

After we got to the resort, got our car tag, and were so close to being there, Stephen missed his turn.  So we drove for several more miles that had looped us almost all the way back to HWY 98. Once we finally got to where we were supposed to be, a lady met us in the parking, and took us to the boat on a golf cart! 

So, we finally make it to the Solaris,  and only THEN did I realize that it was a dinner cruise!! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Which, of course everyone is staring at us because we were the reason that they hadn't left yet... but from there, everything was smooth sailing!! 

After we left the dock, they brought out water and fresh bread with a rosemary butter sauce.  I'm not even gonna lie, I ate all of it because I was starving!! 🤣 


Not too much longer after they brought the bread, they served the salads.  For someone who is super picky about their ranch dressing,  this was actually really good!


For dinner I had the Mahi Mahi and shrimp with steamed veggies.  It was so delicious.  They had the Mahi Mahi on top of a bed of mashed potatoes,  which is not something that I would normally do or even expect.  But the mixtures of the flavors were just so good!!  Stephen had the Filet Mignon topped with Crab and steamed veggies as well.




We were also served a desert, but it was cheesecake,  and I dont do cheesecake.  So unfortunately I dont have a picture of that, but like the other food it was displayed to perfection. 

There was definitely a time gap between salad and the entree.  So, we were able to explore the yacht.  The first floor was for dinning, the 2nd floor was the bar area, and the 3rd floor was an open deck. 





Up on the top deck, there were beautiful views of and the sunset was stunning!


It was so nice to be able to actually talk to one another without being interrupted by kids.  Oh my goodness, to all the parents out there, you know what I mean!  Lol Anyway, overall, we had an awesome time together.  I would definitely recommend trying out a dinning cruise.  I hope you all enjoyed this post.  I know it's a little different, but that ok!  Love yall, and please share with your friends!!

- Krystal 😘


Let's be friends!

Email: krystalchenault@gmail.com


Instagram: @krys_chenault

Facebook: Krystal Chenault


-

Ipsy - Beauty/Makeup

The Nick Box - Saves you $10 and allows you to relive your 90's childhood!!

Influenster - Test Free Products

Marc Jacob's Ambassador Program
http://sot.ag/6JBr6

Comments

Popular Posts