Where you lead.

And there in a little church, on a cold rainy Saturday, we exchanged our vows with one another and with God...


I know that today is the first day of November, but Im gonna take you back to last week and then a little further!  I'm going to try to keep my thoughts together, so I apologize if this seems to jump around. 

Last Tuesday night, Stephen and I attended a Light for the Lost Banquet.  (Here's more info if you want to check it out). The speaker was Tom Greene.  Who is the inspiration for todays post!  



Tom was also the speaker at the Men's Conference in March 2009 that Stephen went to. I don't know what Tom spoke on that weekend, but I do know that when Stephen got home he said, "we need to get married!"

At this point we had been engaged for 3 months and had bought our first home.  We had an idea of about when the date would be, but nothing was set. We had just stepped into helping the Youth Pastors. And considering that we were living together, our Pastor, at the time, Jerry Hightower, was like, "ok guys, if your gonna be working with the Youth you really need to get married".

Now, let me tell you just how cool God is!! Like I had mentioned earlier, Stephen went to a Men's Conference in March of 2009. When he got home that Saturday afternoon, we were talking about everything that happened over the weekend. Then he looks at me and said, "I really feel like we need to get married, as soon as possible". Before I knew it he was on the phone with Jerry, telling him everything he had just told me. Then  Jerry said that he knew the lady that you get your marriage license from. So, Jerry calls the lady at home, fills her in. Then she said, "well I have a key, meet me at the courthouse in a few minutes".  We met the lady at the courthouse, and got a marriage license. ON A SATURDAY!! So then we go over to Pastor's house and we were talking about how awesome it was that the lady went out of her way to help us. After about 5 minutes Jerry asked, "well, when do you want to do this?" We kinda looked around, and said I guess now is as good a time as ever!! So we walked across the road to the church. It was just our little family, our Pastor, and his wife as a witness. And there in a little church, on a cold rainy Saturday, we exchanged our vows with one another and with God. 



Last Tuesday night, Stephen got the chance to meet Tom, and share with him just how much his words had impacted our story and our lives. So until the end, Tom Greene will always be a part of our history! 



I just want to leave you with this scripture... 

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Psalms 37:23 

God is the master creator, and the author of our lives. Everyone has a story, but this is ours!

-Krystal 😘

Comments

  1. I never will forget that day! God is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts