Trust In The Lord!

As I've mentioned before, me and my husband are Youth Pastors at the First Assembly of God Church in Hope, Arkansas. With us not being in the ministry full time, that means that we have regular jobs, (ya know, to pay the bills! Haha!!) Sometimes, Stephen has to stay at work longer than planned, (that's retail for ya!) and then other times he's just not scheduled off to make it to class on time. Last Wednesday was one of those times. So that whole day was spent prepping for class that night.I want to point out that I'm not so much preachy preachy like Stephen is, I'm the more structured type that needs notes typed, along with all of the scriptures that are going to be used in that lesson! So, I grabbed one of our Bible study books and started with the first lesson, which was about the existence of God. And whereas I know that God exists, it's somewhat difficult to explain that to teenagers. Since it was my first time leading class i was defiantly nervous. When I typed out my notes very closely.



Fast forward to the following day, my friend Kesha called to tell me about an experience that she had. She was telling me that she only had $15 in her checking account, so before church she pulled out $10 for her and her son to give in the offering plate. So obviously that left her with $5 til payday! Now remember this was Wednesday night. On Thursday morning, before she got out of bed, she received an unexpected email that $200 had been put in a business account!! I was like, WHOOAAA....That's so God!!!




As we were talking about Gods favor and His goodness, I said to her, "you don't realize it, til you realize it!!" Which took me back to the lesson from Wednesday night. In the lesson it said to drop a bouncy ball on the floor, but don't catch it, which it ended with the fact that you can't see gravity but you know its there because of the reaction of the ball. Just like the Favor of God, you can't see it, but you know it's there because of the reaction of your action!. Kesha gave 2/3's of what she had, $10, and God gave her 20 fold!! In the Bible it talks about the widow who gave 2 coins. An Jesus said to His disciples, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on." Mark 12:41-44

I just wanted to say, don't be afraid to give, even if it's your last little bit. God is good, God is faithful, and God loves you!! He doesn't want to see you fall. The Word even says to test the Lord, when it comes to giving! "...Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of Heaven and pour our so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it." (Malachi 3:10)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts