Benefits of Green Tea.


If you follow me on Instagram then you already know that I am doing a Green Tea Challenge. I had a few people DM me asking exactly what the challenge consisted of.  And its pretty simple.  All you do is drink 1 cup of green tea a day for 20 days. Or for however long you choose. I chose 20 days because there were 20 tea bags in the box!  Some drink only green tea all day, everyday, whereas I'm only having 1 cup a day.  Considering that I only drink water and coffee, I"m wondering how this is going to turn out. I'm hoping nothing but good things come from this challenge.

As I did research for myself, on the benefits of drinking green tea, I learned so much. And I just had to share with all of my friends.  I combined some of what I read and put together a list for y'all.  It's always so important to research and educate yourself before you jump into things. Especially when it involves your health and well-being.  

1) Compounds in green tea can improve brain function and make you smarter.  Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee, but enough to produce an effect.  It also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which can work synergistically with caffeine to improve brain function.

2) Antioxidants in green tea may lower your risk of various types of cancer.  Multiple observational studies show that green tea drinkers are significantly less likely to get various types of cancer. ie.. Breast cancer, Prostate cancer, Colorectal cancer.

3) Green tea can kill bacteria, which improves dental health and lowers risk of infection.  The catechins in green tea may inhibit the growth of bacteria and some viruses.  This can lower the risk of infections and lead to improvements in dental health, a lower risk of caries and reduce bad breath.

4) Green tea may reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease.  Green tea has been shown to lower total and LDL cholesterol, as well as protect the LDL particles from oxidation. Observational studies show that green tea drinkers have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease. 

5) Green tea may decrease your risk of dying and help you live longer.  Given that green tea drinkers are at lower risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, it makes sense that it could help you live longer.

6) Green tea contains bio-active compounds that improve health.  One of the more powerful compounds in green tea is the antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), which has been studied to treat various diseases and may be one of the main reasons green tea has such powerful medical properties. 

7) Green tea increases fat burning and improves physical performance.  Green tea has been shown to increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate, in human controlled trials.

8) Green tea may protect you brain in old age, lowering your risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.  Not only can green tea improve brain function in the short term, it may also protect your brain in old age.  

9) Green tea may reduce your risk of Type 2 Diabetes.  Some controlled trials show that green tea can cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels.  It may also lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in the long term.  

10) Green tea can help you lose weight and lower your risk of becoming obese.  Some studies show that green tea lead to increase weight loss.  It is particularly effective at reducing the dangerous abdominal fat.  

There is so much more info on Green tea, but I think this is plenty enough for you guys to chew on!  I hope it encourages you to start your own challenge that could possibly become a lifestyle!  If you already drink green tea everyday please let me know why you started drinking it, and how it has helped you far!  Well friends that's it for today, I hope you enjoyed this information as much as I did! 

- Krystal


Comments

Popular Posts