Benefits of Water.

There's really no need for me to go into detail about how important water is for you.  It's just one of those things that we kinda grow up hearing about from our parents, doctors, and maybe even your health teacher.  To go along with last weeks post on the Benefits of Green Tea, I wanted to give y'all a few benefits of H2O.  So, here are 10 ways that drinking water can help you!

1. Improves Skin Complexion. Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around! 

2. Boosts Immune System.  A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
3. Prevents Cramps and Sprains. Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
4. Increases Energy and Relieves Fatigue.  Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert.  Mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1-3%) can impair energy levels and mood, and lead to major reductions in memory and brain performance. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted! 
5. Promotes Weight Loss.  Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake, reduces hunger, raises your metabolism and has zero calories! It is actually best to drink water cold, because then the body will use additional energy (calories) to heat the water to body temperature.
6. Flushes Out Toxins.  Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s.  Higher fluid intake increases the volume of urine passing through the kidneys, which dilutes the concentration of minerals, so they are less likely to crystallize and form clumps.
7. Maintains Regularity.  Aids in digestion.  Water is essential to digest your food and helps prevent constipation, especially in people who generally do not drink enough water.  

To go along with promoting weight loss, if you're not going number 2 at least once a day, then your just holding on to all that waste that needs to come out.  
8. Natural Headache Remedy.  Dehydration can trigger headaches and migraines in some individuals. 

I read on Pinterest, that If you're starting to feel a headache coming on then you should chug a glass of water and it will pump the breaks on the headache.  Personally, I have never tried that, so if you have, let me know how well it worked for you!!
9. Puts You In A Good Mood. When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
10. Save Money!. Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar soda or that fat-filled latte! 

Story time!! Personally, I love water, I seriously drink it all the time. But after I had my 3rd child, (almost 3 years ago) I found that it was a little more difficult to drop the extra weight.  Even though I drank a lot of water, when we would go out to eat or pick up something from the drive thru, I would always order a soda.  Once I got serious about getting my pre-pregnancy body back, i started ordering water at the restaurants.  

It wasn't too much longer after that, that I read an article on Pinterest about all the cool things that you can use lemons for.  One of those was, putting lemon slices in your water will boost your metabolism, which a higher metabolism helps burn fat!  I have now become that person who orders water with lemon! Other than coffee, thats made from water, protein shakes, and now green tea, water is all I drink!!

Last week was green tea, this week is water, I wonder what next week will be?! Hmm... maybe the benefits of Zumba!! lol Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed reading about the benefits of water and my rambling!! If you know someone who could benefit from this info, please share. Also hit that follow button while your at it! And yeah, I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend! 

- Krystal

Comments

Popular Posts