Ipsy Glambag Review! - March 2018


Good mornin!!  How is your spring break going? Well, presuming you're on spring break!  HA!  Ours has been pretty good.  I've really enjoyed sleeping in til 9:30 every morning.  Last night we took the kiddos to see A Wrinkle in Time, which was pretty cool!!  Anyway, enough rambling!  Today is about what I got in my March Ipsy Glambag!  This month is about being creative,  so in every bag they sent 2 markers for us to color our bags with.  I didn't color in my bag, simply because I'm basic, and I like black and white!!


First up was this single shimmery green eyeshadow from Hikari.  Beautiful color, but definitely not in my comfort zone.  I did manage to incorporate it into today's look, but I was terrified to use too much.  It is very pigmented and went on with ease.


Second in my bag was the Sex Kitten eyeliner, from Tarte.  I was very underwhelmed with this eyeliner. It was quite dry when applying.  It did smudge out great though!  Also, it's in a retractable tube, so th here's no way to sharpen it, and it's too thick to keep a clean wing.  Maybe its supposed to only be for tight-linning.  Anyway, there are better black eyeliners out there, dont waste your money on this one!


Next was a Glow Duo from City Colors.  I know that the lighter side is a highlighter, which is the perfect shade for my fair skin tone. But I dont know exactly what the darker side is for... maybe a bronzer?  Personally, I'd use it for an eyeshadow,  but I think it's too shimmery for a bronzer.  


Then, there was this super dark brown lipstick from Mellow.  Which was the 2nd item that was totally out of my comfort zone and freaked me out a little.  It went on smooth, and dried matte.  After I applied it, I was in love with how it looked on me.  It gave me all the 90's vibes!!


Lastly, I received this lip balm from Glossier.  I was really excited about this little guy.  Glossier is a more high-end brand, so there products are pretty pricey.   I am an avid Carmex user, mainly because of the tinglely sensation that it leaves on my lips.  This balm does the same thing, plus it tastes like peppermint!! 



Here is the look that I came up with.  I used all of the products that came in my glambag.  I love it when Ipsy includes everything for a complete look.  The brown lipstick totally inspired me to re-create a 90's makeup look.  I had to Google some pictures for an idea of how they wore makeup back then.  I feel like I did pretty good, considering I'm no makeup expert!! 🤣 



My concluding thoughts on my March Glambag, are... it's okay... this definitely was not my favorite bag.  However,  it did allow me to step outside of my norm, and try something different!  Actually after this, I should go update my profile to "adventurous"!  That would really push some limits!!  Hope ya'll have an awesome weekend!!

- Krystal 😘

-
Let's be friends!

Email: krystalchenault@gmail.com


Instagram: @krys_chenault

Facebook: Krystal Chenault


-
Intrested in Ipsy?  I get points towards free stuff if you use my link!! ⬇️⬇️

Ipsy - Beauty/Makeup

The Nick Box - Saves you $10 and allows you to relive your 90's childhood!!

Influenster - Test Free Products

Marc Jacob's Ambassador Program
http://sot.ag/6JBr6
   

Comments

Popular Posts