Travel Diary // Louisiana // Texas // Arkansas


Hey yall, what's up everyone?!  Its Friday! Woohoo!! 😀 Oh wait, I'm a stay at home mom... 🙄 so that means absolutely nothing to me.  Lol just kidding!  I mentioned in last weeks post, that we were on vacay, visiting with family and friends and just trying to squeeze as many things as possible into our week time frame.  I really enjoyed writing about our trip to New Orleans,  so I thought why not do another one?!!  So grab your coffee, you're gonna need it, and take a trip with me.


WEDNESDAY 

Our trip started last Wednesday, when we loaded up and traveled a little over 4 hours to my cousin's house in Maurpas, Louisiana.  We got there in time for dinner, which was amazing!  Pam, (my cousin)  was cooking fresh, (not frozen) fried shrimp.  This had to have been the best fried shrimp I've ever eaten!  Everyone in my family are good cooks, so it didn't surprise me.  That night Pam was telling us about The Cajun Village, and how they have really good beignets.  As soon as she said "beignet", I already knew that I wanted to go there.




THURSDAY 

One of my favorite things about Pam and Keith's home is their back porch.  They have these huge, oversized wooden rocking chairs that overlook a canal that runs behind the house.  And since we weren't in a rush that morning,  i was able to sit and enjoy my coffee.  There is just something about back porch sittin with a coffee in hand that makes me feel at home!





After we cleaned up and loaded up the truck, we left in search of The Cajun Village.  At this point I could literally taste the beignet.  The GPS took us to this little community of houses that looked old and rundown, and I would have never guessed that this a place that people would want to go.  I was thinking where in the world has Pam sent us?!  Then I quickly realized that the little cafe / houses / stores were intentionally "rundown" looking.  They did a great job of giving The Cajun Village an authentic "down on the bayou" feel.  We found the Coffee House, which was the cafe / restaurant.  And of course the first thing I ordered was beignet! Lol they also offered beignet fingers, that were actually easier for the kids to handle.  We also ordered a couple short stacks and a philly cheesesteak sandwich.  All of which were so delicious!  







There was SO much more to The Cajun Village, but we just didn't have time to check out everything.  Sometime I would like to go back and spend more time there.  From there we made our way to Texas, Baytown, Texas to be more specific.  We got there right as my parents were getting home from work, so that worked out perfectly.  They took us to a local Mexican Food Restaurant, (I dont remember the name), the chips and salsa and queso was so good!  I ordered the flautas from the kids menu, and it was not very good.  Definitely not what I was expecting.  My stepdad asked if I ordered a crispito!! 🤣 

FRIDAY

One of the main reasons for this trip was because the Hamilton family reunion was going to be on Saturday, (My maiden name is Hamilton), that just happened to be in Waco!  And I just couldn't be in Waco and not go check out Magnolia Market at the Silos!  So we got up Friday morning and drove 3 hours to Waco.  As I am a huge fan of Chip and Joanna Gains, it was super exciting for me to visit the Magnolia grounds.  We grabbed some coffee and  goodies from the bakery, browsed through the market, and picked up a couple things, and took a hundred pictures!  I was literally living my best life, besides the fact that it was 102 outside... ☀️

















SATURDAY 

Saturday morning was pretty much a repeat of Friday morning.  We got up, got dressed, and drove that 3 hours to Waco.  It was really nice to be able to visit with that side of my family again.  I remember, as a kid, running around and playing with my cousins, now my kids are running around and playing with their kids! Ah! It just makes me so happy!  We only stayed for a few hours, because we knew we still had to drive back to my parents. 





SUNDAY

I was really hoping to sleep in a little on Sunday morning,  but that just wasnt the case.  We went for breakfast at Dennys, took the dogs to the dog park, (did I tell you we had to bring our dog along? No! Well we did, but that's another post for another day!!) and then we spent the rest of the afternoon at the waterpark.  That's actually what my kids had been talking about doing weeks before.  They were so excited.


MONDAY

Monday morning my parents were headed back to work, and we were headed to Arkansas!  (For those who dont know, I'm from Arkansas, and that will always be "HOME") While planning this trip, there were a few places that I wanted to go, most of which were restuants!! 🤣 I wanted El Agaves in Hpoe or Casa Carlos in Prescott, because there isn't any GOOD Mexican food places aroundhere.  Or, none that I've found in Crestview, Fort Walton, or Destin.  And then there's Tailgators, 😋 and that's what we went with.  I had almost forgot the feeling of walking in somewhere and seeing people that you know!  We've been in Florida for almost a year and I never see the same people twice.  After lunch we went to Stephens parents house and visited with them.  Then, we were finally able to go visit with Baby Mia! 😍 She was the only reason that we even went to Arkansas!  




TUESDAY 

After being away from home for a week, it was time to go back to the panhandle!  We got back home between 4 - 5pm, which gave us  time to clean the pool and mow the yard! Lol 😂 

I told yall this was gonna be pretty long! Lol I hope I didn't bore you to death with my rambling, because I tend to ramble a lot!  Stephen went back to work today, and I get to go grocery shopping and grab some things for the house.  We're getting ready to start making our house ours, so be on the lookout for House Updates / Renovations, because I'm planning on blogging all of it!! Ok yall, that's it, I'm done! Lol Enjoy your weekend!!

- Krystal 😘

Let's be friends!

Email: krystalchenault@gmail.com


Instagram: @krys_chenault

Facebook: Krystal Chenault


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK1RXrTsuXd3p-No2KKJzHA

-

Ipsy - Beauty/Makeup

The Nick Box - Saves you $10 and allows you to relive your 90's childhood!!

Influenster - Test Free Products


Marc Jacob's Ambassador Program

Comments

Popular Posts