New Beginnings.

Stephen and I have been in Youth Ministry for about 6 years. At fist I just couldn't understand why God wanted me. I wasn't raised in church, I came from a broken home, and honestly, I really didn't like teenagers. They had terrible attitudes, I had a terrible attitude. So, I was like why God? Why me? However, over the years, it's been made more and more clear to me, as to why He wants me here.  God just continues to add little pieces to this huge puzzle. And last night He added another one. 

Through the years of being in the ministry, we have experienced so many hardships with teens that, I for one, had never encountered growing up. When you open your ears and your heart to teens, and once they feel comfortable with you and trust you, they open up to you. They tell you things and express themselves to you in a way, that they wouldn't with someone else. Stephen and I make it very clear to our group that we are always there to talk and pray with them and for them. We have had conversations about relationships, suicide, sex, drugs, being abused by parents or by their parents boyfriend/girlfriend. Some have parents in jail and some are on probation themselves.  Some of these teens really are in terrible situations. And we are here to love them, and to let them know that there is a God who loves them. I told God that, if He gave me a huge house, that I'd want to fill it with broken teenagers.It's crazy to me how God can and will change someones heart.

 Once we were asked to take the Youth Pastor position in Hope, about 6 months ago, we had 4 youth that were very consistent with their attendance. Over time we've had a few more that started coming on a regular basis. Last night there was a new girl that joined us. After class was over, she was telling us her story, which completely broke my heart.  I could tell that she had been put through the ringer in her 16 years of life. In her brokenness she accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior!  Being born again is the sing'e most important miracle there is. The Bible says; 


This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17

So let's praise Jesus that we've won another one for the Kingdom!

-Krystal

Comments

Popular Posts