Melisa Michelle X Ulta pallete review!


 Michelle is YouTuber that I've only recently started to follow. It's probably been a couple of months now that I found her and I really like her. Probably because shes a mom and she's my age! Lol 



I got so excited when she announced that she had collabed with Ulta to release a makeup pallete. Melisa stated that her goal was to have a pallete that would work with everyone's skin tone. She is half Filipino, so naturally she has awesomely tanned skin and dark hair. Whereas, I have traits of albinism, so I have naturally pale skin and platinum  hair. So, I finally talked myself into ordering it last week. It came in on Saturday, and I couldn't wait to try it out. I just had to put Melisa Michelle's "good for all" pallete to the test! 


This pallet consists of 9 eyeshadows (4 glitter, 5 matte), 3 highlights, a blush, and a liquid matte lippie.  



I think these colors are so beautiful. As you can see from the swatches, there are several lighter colors. As I worked with them, I noticed that the mattes were very blendable and very creamy feeling. In one of her videos talking about the pallete, she commented that there was a lot of fall out with the glitters. Since I was already expecting that I went ahead and wet my finger, then applied, and there was no fall out. They are crumbly, but what glitter isn't?!! 


I love Hollerrr lol These highlights can be used separately or swirled together. On the swatch, you can't really see the darkest one over on the left side, which is probably because it's targeted towards someone with a darker skin tone. The blush is perfect for everyday use. It is very blendable and buildable.


On Melisa's video she talked about the liquid lipstick being sticky, so again, I expected that. And it is a very sticky formula, so I topped it with a clear gloss, and it was fine. Skandy is a gorgeous color, definitely on the darker side for me personally, But I still wore it to church yesterday!!


Before and After


Here are 2 eye looks that I did Saturday. The top one is the one that Melisa showed in her tutorial. And the bottom was just one that I did, by playing around with the pallete. 

So, my overall review on the Melisa Michelle XOXO ULTA pallete.. I give it 2 thumbs up! I really appreciate the fact that she did give a heads up on the glitters and the lippie.I do see this being used a lot in the Fall, with the deeper brick red (Bing Bing) and the golden glitter (Teresita). Good job Melisa!!

And guys, I don't think I mentioned this earlier, this pallete is only $20. I mean you wanna get bang for your buck, this is it right here. It is available online right now, but I don't think it will be in stores til July 23rd... I think, don't quote me on that!!  

I really hope you all enjoyed my review. Have any of you purchased this pallete? If so what did you think about it? Below I posted her tutorial using  this pallete. Be sure to share this with someone who would enjoy it!! 

- Krystal 😘

https://youtu.be/dADD1BxeEf0ht

Comments

Popular Posts