Put Me Through The Fire!


A few weekends ago Stephen and I went to Texarkana, TX. to attend a Burn Texarkana Revival service.  The speakers that night were Autumn Dawson and Michelle Dunn.  There's not too many women that I look up to, but Autumn is one of my favorites for sure!  Michelle is a graduate from The Ramp School of Ministry (RSM).  They both spoke on similar topics, Something New and The Fire! 

Since that night my spirit has been stirred for the things of the Lord, stirred for renewal in my walk with Jesus, stirred for revival in our church, in our town, and in our region. When I pray I ask God to put us, our pastor, and our congregation through the fire, and to start with me. 

There are so many people in the church that are there for social stimulation and others who feel the need to be in control of certain aspects of "church function".  Some are completely comfortable with how, they think, "church" is suppose to go.  I understand, "without order, there is chaos".  What I don't understand is why or how they got to the point of being complacent.  I mean when the presence of God has filled the room, how can you sit there on a pew with your arms crossed? It makes me want to scream, WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHERE IS THE FIRE THAT GOD GAVE YOU? I feel like it's a slap in God's face when you don't worship Him.  He is the Almighty, the Creator, the I Am, and He is worthy of your praise.

Michelle said, " Aren't you tired of the religious box that everyone is trying to stick you in?" And the answer to that is yes! When Jesus came into the world He shook a nation, He changed lives, He broke bearers, He shot religion out of the water.  Why is it that "church goers" expect you to go with the flow? Is it because that's what everyone else is doing? Jesus went against the grain, and that's what I want to do! 

"I'm baptizing you here in the river, turning your old life in for a kingdom life. The real action comes next: The main character in the drama-compared to him i'm a mere stagehand-will ignite the kingdom life within you, a fire within you, the Holy Spirit within you, changing you from the inside out. He's going to clean house-make a clean sweep of your lives. He'll place everything true in it's proper place before God; everything false he'll put out with the trash to be burned." Matthew 3:11-12


"We have a cold church, in a cold world, because the preachers have gone cold."
-Autumn Dawson

God, shake me. Remove people from my life that are toxic. Empty me and replace it with you. Put me through the fire. Burn off all of the old. Shape me, mold me, form me to look like you. Amen

-Krystal 😘

Comments

Popular Posts