Ipsy and Play by Sephora - September 2017


Good morning everyone!! I am SO glad to have my Ipsy and Play by Sephora subscriptions back! I had to unsubscribe from everything for a short time while we moved and now that we're semi settled, I was able to start them back up!  I usually do the unboxings and reviews for these separate, but I decided to just put them in one post.

Ipsy and Play are both $10 beauty subscription boxes \ bags that send you 5 deluxe sample size makeup \ skincare \ hair care products every month.  Ipsy will always send out at least one full size product, and Sephora always throws in a perfume sample as well.  

This month Ipsy's theme is "Like A Boss", and this months bag is probably my favorite one so far. Actually the products that I got were awesome as well!


First up were 2 sheet masks, ( I used one before I took pictures, my bad...) The other one was a brightening mask, it was suppose to help with redness and help even out you skin tone. This one below, I have not used yet, but it's supposed to minimize your pores. I'll probably try this sometime this weekend!


Second in my bag was this 2 tone blush from Pixi by Petra.  It's shimmery so I did not use it as a blush.  I actually used the pink side on my eyelids and the yellow side as a highlight.  There was tons of fall out, and to get the best color pigmentation i had to wet my brush.  


Speaking of eyes, I got a new Luxie angled blending shadow brush.  I really do need to just go ahead and purchase all of their brushes. This is the 2nd one that I've gotten in an Ipsy bag, and they are both so soft! 


I am the girl that has to see the spoilers every month, and when I saw that I was getting the ColourPop x Ipsy collab lippie in the color Glam Bag, I was super excited! Not that I wear this color everyday, but just for the fact that I got that exclusive color! 


And last but not least, I got this gorgeous neutral gray nail polish from Adesse New York.  I was suppose to get this color a few months ago but ended up with a baby pink. These dry really fast, but it seriously takes like 3 coats to get the full color.


Now moving on to Play by Sephora!  This months theme is "A Change of Face" I'm assuming it's a pun off of a change of pace, since it's getting closer to Fall. This months Play box was okay, I've definitely had better, but then again I've had worse too.


Lets just start at the top! This is an overnight leave in hair mask. You apply it to you just washed hair, put on a show cap, go to sleep, and wash it out in the morning.  This really does help your hair feel more smooth and healthy.


Next, is actually a #RepeatOffender but I really like this product, so I'm fine with that! It's a moisturizing face cream.  I use the crap out of this stuff when I get it. 


Y'all I'm not even gonna lie, I am TERRIBLE with eyeliner... I try, I really do, but I just can't get the hang of it. I've tried all the tricks and tips that the YouTubers give out, but I'm just no good at it.


This next product is really cool, and I did try it out, but it's just too dark for me.  It's the Gimmie Brow from Benefit, and I was super excited to get this in this months box  But with my white hair and pale skin, No. 3 is just too dark. 


The last makeup product in my bag was this gorgeous hot pink lipstick from Laura Mercier! It's actually very similar to the ColourPop lippie the=at I got in my Ipsy bag, but this one has a shimmer look to it, whereas the ColourPop lippie was a matte.  Like with the other one, I probably wont be wearing this on a daily basis, only because its so bold and definitely outside my comfort zone. 


And as always, the perfume samples are a hit or miss. I like this one a little bit. It's not my favorite and it's not completely terrible. There were actually 2 samples in this one little package.  But most likely will not be purchasing either of them.


After combining my 2 beauty bags, this is the look that I was able to create. Minus the Benefit Gimmie Brow and Stila eyeliner... lol I hope you all enjoyed reading my review of what came in both my Ipsy and Play by Sephora September bags.  Did anyone else get the No. 3 Brow product? I'm curious to know if that the only color that got sent out! Anyway, I hope y'all have a fantastic weekend bringing in the Fall season officially! 


- Krystal! 

Code: KRYS369


Marc Jacobs Ambassador Program.

Influenster
www.influenster.com/r/2765179


Comments

Popular Posts