Denim and Pearls!! - DIY


Hello everyone, and Happy Friday!  Denim jackets are one of those closet staples that never seem to go out of style.  Have you seen any of the embellished denim jackets that are trending right now, with patches, pins, and jewels, they are so cute!  Did you also notice how they are outrageously priced?? Like seriously I saw one the other day that was $389.00, and i'm over here like, but why? They don't look like real pearls to me! 

The one I saw had pearls outlining the stitching of the jacket.  So, I decided to make my own for a fraction of the cost. Considering that I already had the jacket, (actually I borrowed it from my friend Melanie like 6 years ago... yeah, woops!!)  all I needed were the pearls.  So, I went to Joann's, (similar to Hobby Lobby), and bought what I needed to diy, a pearl studded denim jacket.  


While at Joann's I grabbed a bag of 8mm pearl beads, 4 yards of pearl trim, and Aleene"s fabric glue.  I actually didn't use any of the pearls from the bag, so i'll take it back later today.


I put a bead of glue along the stitching where I wanted the pearl trim to go, and rubbed it with a q-tip to spread it around.   The instructions said to let the glue sit for 6-10 minutes, then place the beads / fabric to the glue.  I think I put too much glue down, or didn't wait the full time that the bottle said because it was quite difficult to get the trim to stay in place.  I ended up having to hold the trim down for a few minutes, then when I'd pick my hand up, the trim would be stuck to my hand.  That only happened with one strip, the others I used the end of scissors to hold it in place.  After you have your custom denim and peal jacket finished, just let it dry.  This particular glue said 24 hours.  


When I think denim and pearls, I hear Brooks and Dunn singing "Rock my World Little County Girl"  Am I the only one?? lol  Anyhow, I am very happy with how the jacket turned out!  What do y'all think?  Overall, I spent less than $20.00. The fabric glue was $5.00, the pearl trim was $2.00 a yard (4 yards), and the bag of pearl beads was $5.00 (i will return those) 






I hope you guys enjoyed this DIY as much as I did!  I think it's awesome that you can stay trendy for loads less!  Love you guys, thanks for reading, and be sure to leave me some love!

- Krystal 😘

Let's be friends!

Email: krystalchenault@gmail.com


Instagram: @krys_chenault

Facebook: Krystal Chenault


-

Ipsy - Beauty/Makeup

The Nick Box - Saves you $10 and allows you to relive your 90's childhood!!

Influenster - Test Free Products


Marc Jacob's Ambassador Program

Comments

Popular Posts