Copy Cat!!

I am terrible when it comes to putting outfits together.  For inspiration I usually go to Pinterest, screenshot the outfit, and then look either online, or in  a store for the items.  Then other times ill look at the mannequins in the department store, and then pull the exact items from the racks.  Nine times out of ten, if it looks good on the mannequins, then it will look good on me! 

I will also get inspo from the beauty / fashion bloggers that I follow on Instagram and Bloglovin'.  Like me, and I'm sure for a lot of you, I can't afford what they're offering. Even though you'll see them give a similar  item or a dupe, it's still pretty pricey.  

When I see an outfit that I absolutely love, I first check to see if I have similar pieces in my closet.  Most of the time, I will already have 1 or 2 "staples", (jeans, black/white top, nude cardigan, ect...). Then the rest of the outfit won't be as expensive, as it would have been.

Todays Copy Cat was inspired by a blog post from Diva-In-Me.com 3 ways to wear printed tees.  My "look a like" inspo is the gray graphic tee with the black wide leg dress pants! 


I already had these pants from when  I was looking for a pair of  pink wide leg pants (another blog post, for another day!!) This tee is a Summit Church Tee. I paired it with my black Steve Madden heels and my black Steve Madden backpack, both of which I already had.  I wore this to our Church's Gather '17 conference that we had back in September.  Add a blazer and and this can easily be perfect for the office!! 

Let's start with her outfit first.
-Tee shirt - $10 (Amazon)
-Pants - $297 (Shopbop)
Totaling over $300 

Now my outfit.
-Tee shirt - $10 (church shirt)
-Pants $18 (Lulu's)
Totaling under $30

LADIES you don't have to break the bank just to look trendy or fashionable!  Now, I know there are several people who CAN afford $300 pants, and I'm not knocking you. However, for those of you, (like me) who can't, don't get upset or put yourself into debt trying to keep up with "the Joneses". Trends come and go too fast to spend tons of money on. 



Im working on several more "Copy Cat"  posts as we speak.  I wanna make this a series, maybe dedicate one post a month to finding trendy outfits for a fraction of the cost. Would y'all be interested in something like that? Let me know how you feel about the T-shirt trend? Love it? Hate it? I hope you guys have a fabulous weekend and don't forget to share this with someone you know!! 

- Krystal 😘

Ipsy! 💋 
https://www.ipsy.com/new?cid=opensubs&refer=yz3ap


Code: KRYS369


Marc Jacobs Ambassador Program.
http://sot.ag/6JBr6

Influenster
www.influenster.com/r/2765179

Comments

Popular Posts