Storytime - When the In-Laws come to visit!

Good morning!! First off, let me apologize for skipping last week... I'm really trying to get better with being more consistent and posting every week.  My goal is to post every Friday.  But last week was super busy for us, and I just didn't have the time to sit down and put something together.  We had unexpected guests all week, and I'm pretty sure we did something every single day that they were here. Which is okay, because we were able to make new memories with family!

Stephen's parents had just gotten back from going on a cruise, and were planning to drive here, stay the night, then head back to Arkansas the next morning.  That one night turned into a 4 night mini vacay that was filled with laughter, days at the beach, and nights of good eats!!

They got here, to Fort Walton Beach, on Tuesday night.  During dinner Stephen mentioned that he was going to be off work on Friday, and then he slipped in the conversation, how there was something that he has been wanting to do for a while, but we didn't have a babysitter for EllyKay.  And with that, the 4 day mini vacay came into play!

Wednesday: we went down to the Verizon store in Destin, (where Stephen works) so that Christine, (Stephen's mom) could pay her bill. This was around 11:30ish so we decided to grab some lunch.  Lawrence, (Stephen's dad) wanted to check out Shrimp Basket.  And I'm really glad we did, because it was SO good! I had their BBQ Bacon  Cheeseburger... oh man, I want another one of those sometime soon! It was definitely the best $9.00 burger that I've ever had!! 

www.shrimpbasket.com

 From there we went to a couple stores and picked up the kids from school.  That evening we went to church, where they were able to meet some of our new people.  We picked up pizza on our way home, (that's a cool story in itself!).  

Thursday: we spent the morning \ afternoon at Okaloosa Island, picked up the kids from school, and hung out at the house for a couple hours.  


Not knowing what to cook for dinner, Stephen suggested getting some crab legs to go with the jumbo shrimp that a customer gave us!! (again, that's a cool story in itself!).  But, I was like... psh.. I don't know how to cook crab...  But then Lawrence was like, hey, I can teach you!! Y'all, the shrimp and crab turned out soooo good! And I'm not to keen on crab because it's too fishy tasting. But, these were perfection! We made some homemade garlic butter to dip them in! We had so much good food that night. I threw in corn on the cob, baked potatoes, cheese sausage links, and fries.  I knew that my girls wouldn't touch the other stuff!!

Friday: Stephen and I were able to have mini day date!! (we don't get them too often) He called and made an appointment for us to go parasailing in  Destin!  The in-laws took EllyKay to play at the beach.  We were so excited to be able to have a chance to actually do something for just us. (to my mom friends, you know what i'm talking about!!) Anyway, I grabbed a coffee to go, and we made our way to Destin. 



There are several businesses that offer parasailing in this area, they're all a little different. Some offer 15, 12, and 6 passengers. And prices range from $45 - $65 per person. 
We didn't want to spend a ton of time out there so, we opted for the 6 passenger.  This particular one was called Sun Dogs. They are located at AJ's at the Destin Harbor.



From the dock, we got on a small boat, (not sure what they're call, it was kinda like a "rescue boat" that you would see on tv... lol my best description).  The lady that took us out to the bigger boat was real nice, she filled us in on some of the things to expect.  We got to see some dolphins on our way, we were hoping that we could get them to come closer, but they didn't. 

Once it was our turn they scrapped us into harnesses, went over a few rules, they hooked us up and let us go!  








We were 1200 ft. in the air, and it was incredible!  That high up and you couldn't hear any of the noise from down below.  I was just so peaceful and beautiful to look at.  We had 15 minutes to take in a smidge of God's creation!  This was definitely an unforgettable experience.  I would recommend parasailing to everyone! Sometime in your life, you have got to try it!!

After our parasailing trip, it was time to get the kids from school.  We came home, got things ready to head back to the water.  This time we took them to Crystal Beach in Destin.  It's really crazy how much clearer the water in Destin compared to Fort Walton Beach.  I love being on the beach whens it's time for the sun to set.  God's canvas is different every time. 





Stephen edited this photo, and made us look like Oompa Loompas!!

This was the best one of the bunch! lol

Right before it got dark we loaded up and went back down to the Destin Harbor for dinner.  The lady that shuttled us to the parasailing boat, had mentioned that the Crab Island Cantina was really good, so that's where we planned to have dinner.  Other than the mile walk to get there, it was exceptionally good! Whenever I go to new places, I'm scared to try anything new, so I stuck with Chicken Fajitas.  The salsa and queso were both good, (my deciding factor as to whether i'll go back or not!) Stephen got some type of steak, it was perfectly cooked, tender, and where the taste was different, it was delicious!   


After dinner, we ended our night with a firework show in Destin Harbor.  By time we got home the kids were completely tired, Lillian went straight to bed as soon as we walked through the door!  And I wasn't too far behind.  Like I said before, we had a very busy yet eventful week!  I woke up Saturday morning to Christine folding my laundry that had been neglected all week.  Needless to say we didn't do anything for the remainder of the weekend, except on Sunday after church me and Stephen took a few photos. Those were supposed to be for today's post, until I sat down to work on this! lol Oh well, I think this made for a better one anyway!! 

I hope you all enjoyed this somewhat long post.  Have any of you been parasailing? What was your experience? Would you do it again? Please let me know!  Wishing you all a happy weekend with love!

-Krystal 😘

Let's be friends!

Email: krystalchenault@gmail.com


Instagram: @krys_chenault

Facebook: Krystal Chenault


-

Ipsy - Beauty/Makeup

The Nick Box - Saves you $10 and allows you to relive your 90's childhood!!

Influenster - Test Free Products



Marc Jacob's Ambassador Program

Comments

Popular Posts