Yes, oh Yas - October review!


Hello to all my awesome readers, I am back with another review on my newest subscription box, Yes, oh Yas! This is my 2nd box to get from then, and I have to say, it's a lot better than the September box.  I did some price checks, and this box is at a $55 value! 👀 I know right?!  I'll list the prices for each product as we go, and give you my honest thoughts on them.  If you missed the September box, you can go check that out here

Yes, oh Yas is a monthly subscription box that's priced at $12.99 plus shipping and taxes, it comes out to be around $17.00! Here is the link, and be sure to use my code to save you 10% on your first box! ://yesohyas.com/   KRYS369

Alright, let's jump into it!  At first glance this all looks beautiful and cohesive!  We got a huge palette, a lip liner, a liquid lipstick, and a lip gloss!  


The eye shadow palette is from Beauty Creations, the same as the previous 2 that came in the September box.  There are  12 shades in this palette; 3 matte and the rest are shimmer / glitter.  The shadows are not very pigmented, and you can't really build them up. The shimmer / glitter ones work best when your brush is wet.  It's a nude palette, but looking at it, you'd think it would be called Rose, considering that the majority of the shades are some type of pink shade.  When I think of a nude palette, I think of more tans, topes, and browns. It comes with a dual ended brush which is junk.  On the fluffy side the bristles are crazy, like there's no structure to them at all, they just kinda go all over the place. (If that makes any sense).  Then on the other end, it's a flat packing brush, and again, there's no true structure and it is supper flimsy.  I checked the Beauty Creations website, and this palette is $9.99, or you can get this one "nude" and the "smokey" palette as a set for $14.99



The first of 3 lip products, is a lip liner from Bellapierre Cosmetics.  I know I've gotten a couple of their products in a couple of my Ipsy bags, but other than that I don't ever really hear too much about this brand.  The lip liner is a mauvey pink color.  It's not very creamy.  You really have to tighten up your lips to apply, but it does stay on for a really long time though.  Once its on, it's a very pretty color, if you're into pink lips!  This lip liner retails at $18.00


The last items in the box are a liquid lipstick and lip gloss from Bellapierre also.  And we're just going to combine them in one.  I'm assuming they sent them together on purpose, considering that the liquid lipstick is terribly sticky.  It does dry down to a true matte lip and it is non transferring.  However, when you apply the lip gloss on top of the liquid lip, it's much better! For this liquid lip to be $20.00 I would have expected it to be a better formula.  The lip gloss is $10.00



After playing around with these products for the past week, this is about the best that I could get.  I personally would not use the lip liner with the liquid lipstick, it's a little too pinky- peachy for me.  The liquid lip alone is a little more nude and not so pink.



I hope this helped someone with their purchases.  Be sure to check out the links below, some are discount codes, and there might be something you like! I hope y'all have an awesome week, and be on the lookout for Friday's post!!

-Krystal

Code: KRYS369


Marc Jacobs Ambassador Program.


P.S. -  Below are some tips about applying the Stay Matte Liquid Lip color for optimal results!

  1. Exfoliate your lips.
  2. Dab your lips dry.
  3. Align them accurately with the applicator.
  4. Apply a layer on the lips.
  5. Do not put your lips together until they are dry.
  6. Enjoy the matte finish all day long 😉

Comments

Popular Posts