✨ Goals for 2018! ✨

As we get closer to saying goodbye to 2017 and hello to 2018, I can't help but reflect of all the amazing memories and milestones that took place this past year.  If you had asked me last year, where I saw myself in a year, it sure wouldn't be here.  I would have probably rolled my eyes at you and shrugged my shoulders.  I am just so thankful for God opening doors and leading us here.  

Like myself, I know everyone is thinking and talking about their new years resolutions, and setting new goals, or revisiting the goals from last year! Haha.  You are deciding whether you want to loose weight, start saving money, drink more water, ect. ect...  Those are great resolutions, and I think you should set yearly goals.  Even the Bible tells us; "Write down the vision, and make it plain..." Habakkuk 2:2,3 NKJV

Over the past couple weeks I have been writing down things that I want to achieve in the next year, and I thought I'd share them with you.  So this is me writing down the vision.

Stress Less

As I am a perfectionist, I like things a certain way, yes, my way!! lol Example: I can't stand the way Stephen folds towels!  When he so nicely helps me with household chores, I will go behind him and refold said towels the way that I like them!  God gave us a helpmate for a reason, right?! (Then the Lord God said,"It is not good for man to be alone.  I will make a helper who is just right for him."  Genesis 2:18)



Stop Complaining

Stephen gets on to me all the time about complaining.  Even if it's a subtle eye roll, it's just one of those things that kinda happens.  We all do it, and most of the time we don't even realize it.  So this year I am making a conscious decision to not complain about things.  ("Do everything without complaining and arguing." Phillippians 2:14) 


Something New

I am most definitely a creature of habit.  I like routine.  I like to plan ahead.  I order the same foods when I got out to eat.  I like to watch the same movies over and over again, because I know they end!  Some would call it OCD but I refuse to label myself.  Throughout the Bible you'll notice a theme, "NEW".  Where God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow; He is also always doing something new!  He made a new covenant in the house of Israel and Judah; He gave a new commandment for us to love one another; He made us a new creation in him; He will create a new Heaven and Earth.  Now, I may not be able to create a new Heaven, but I can sure come up with a new recipe.  



Read More

When I was younger I use to hate reading.  You know when you were in high school, they would make you read boring stuff like The Scarlet Letter, and To Kill a Mockingbird?!  Or you would basically fail the class... yeah, I think it was mainly that teenage rebellion, that caused me to hate reading so much.  So I would literally go to the library and check out the audible version on cassette just so I wouldn't have to read it.  However, as a 31 year old woman, I love to read!  I have actually turned into a book hoarder, I will read a review, or someone that I follow will release a new book, and I'm like, ok, I gotta have it.  I am also so bad about starting a book and not finishing it.  So I have several books that are sitting on my bookshelf just waiting to be read.  And with that being said, my goal is to read at least one or more a month, in 2018.



Go Deeper

My ultimate goal for 2018 is to go deeper in the things of the Lord.  I already have a time of devotion where I read and pray.  But, I want to go deeper in all that He has for me.  I want to pray more, worship more, be in the word more, praise more, give more, listen more, be still more, dance more, sing more, on my face more.  ("Keep on asking, and you will receives what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7,8) 

I hope this has inspired someone to write down their own vision, and see where it takes you in 2018  Love you guys, see y'all next year!

- Krystal 😘

      

Comments

Popular Posts