DIY Christmas Decor - Walmart and Dollar Tree


For as long as I can remember, I have been a procrastinator in every aspect of the word.  I have even made myself believe that waiting til the last minute helps me do better, whatever the case may be.  Kinda like todays post,  I've known for 2 weeks that this is what I wanted to do.  I know what needs to be done, what I need to get, and how to do it.  However, here I am, Thursday night, at midnight, putting everything together. 🤦🏼‍♀️ (Gotta do better Krystal, gotta do better...) 

Anyway, today I am going to show you how I put together cute Christmas decor for the console table in our living room.  Everything used is either from Walmart and Dollar Tree, and then some things I already had from previous occasions.  (I may or may not hold on to certain things..)



First up: Candle Holder.
- Candles 
- Candle Holder's
- Ribbon
- Peppermints
- Flowers or Ornaments
- Hot Glue Gun

Very simple, put peppermints in the bottom of your candle holder, (I actually used a vase).  Set your candle on top.  Wrap your ribbon around the candle holder, and glue in place.  I added a red poinsettia to mine, you can use whichever flower/color fits your color scheme. 




Next: Box of Flowers.
- Small Gift Box
- Flowers 
- String or Ribbon (to tie the flowers together)
- Hot Glue Gun (optional)

Again, very simple. ( I already had this box from the gifts that our elf brought.) I just arranged my flowers the way I wanted them, and tied them together.  I cut the excess stems and then placed the bouquet in the box.  I hot glued the lid in place, just so it wouldn't move easily, but that's not something that you have to do.



Lastly: Hanging Wall Art.
- Foam Board
- Wrapping Paper
- Ribbon or pre- made bows
- Scissors 
- Hot Glue Gun




This one is a little more complex, but still pretty easy.  Basically cut the foam board in half, then cut one half in half again.  You should have 3 pieces, 1 larger than the other 2.  Wrap all 3 pieces of foam board in your choice of wrapping paper.  Cut your ribbon to the length that you need.  Hot glue each end of the ribbon strips to the top corners of the foam board, creating the hanger.  You can make your own bow if you know how to, but if you don't you can always buy a large bow.  (I know how to make bows, but I was already crunched for time.)  I chose these burlap bows that we're already made.  They were $2 at Walmart.  However, you can get pre-made bows at Dollar Tree.  Hang all 3 boards beside one another with the larger one in the middle.  Put some spacing between them, and there you have it!! 





I love how it all came together!  I hope you all enjoyed this DIY and have sparked some creativeness inside you!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

- Krystal 😘
Ipsy

Influenster 

Marc Jacob's Ambassador


Comments

Popular Posts